1. How many panels do I need?
To determine how many solar panels are required for your solar project, you must first establish what size solar system your home or business requires.
Once you identify what size solar system is required, you can then work out how many solar panels are needed for your project. Solar panel technology changes regularly and solar panels come in a variety of different sizes with different efficiency and output.
Solar panels can vary between 250 Watts and 400 Watts per panel. So, to work out how many panels you require, you need to divide the panel wattage into the total solar panel system size.
For example: you are aiming to install a 6.6kW (kilowatt) solar system which is 6660 Watts. You are planning to use 370-Watt solar panels for the project. So, 18 x 370 Watts is 6660 Watts. So, if you install 18 x 370-Watt solar panels, your solar system will be 6.6 kilowatts.
2. How many solar panels can I fit on my roof?
Good question! Here at Watters we have highly trained engineers and project managers who specialise in solar panel design. Our engineers use specialised software to plan and design your solar system.
The software allows us to see a high definition image of your property, we can then identify the optimum location for the solar panels. The software then allows us to put solar panels on your roof to scale and do a comprehensive system design resulting in the answer to the question: “How many solar panels can I fit on my roof?”
3. How much do solar panels cost?
Many factors will determine the price of a solar panel. Things to consider are:
- What size is the panel?
- How many watts? You will find solar panels are commonly purchased at a per watt price.
- How many panels you are purchasing? Larger quantities will result in better pricing.
- What is the brand? High end solar panel brands can demand more than 150% more than other brands.
It’s a hard question to answer, especially when most companies sell solar panels in a package deal. Watters suggests that you check the solar panels you are looking to purchase are on the tier 1 solar panel quality list.
To find out exactly how much your solar panels will cost, fill in our online solar panels cost form and have a chat to the Watters Solar team.
Whether it’s Solar Panels Albury, Shepparton, Wodonga or Wangaratta, we have you covered.
4. Questions to Ask Before Investing in Solar?
- What is my goal?
- Think about what you would like to achieve with your solar?
- Do you want to reduce your energy bills and help the planet?
- Do you want to become as energy independent as possible?
- Are you simply looking to save as much money as possible?
- What size system do I need?
- Different size systems will suit different needs. One size does not fit all.
- Your ideal system size depends on your budget and household energy usage.
- Does this supplier have Australian-based customer support?
- Local knowledge and personalised product knowledge is invaluable.
- Make sure you’ll be dealing with a local person helping me with any issues, especially warranties and insurance claims.
- Are the installers clean energy council accredited?
- A good company will have all their designers and installers CEC accredited.
- Will be able to add to or change my solar energy system easily in the future?
- Make sure you choose a solution that is flexible enough to cater for any possible future energy needs.
- You may wish to add more solar panels or battery storage in the future.
Whether you’re in Victoria or NSW anywhere around the Albury / Wodonga, Wangaratta and Shepparton area, once you have made the decision to investigate a solar energy solution for your home or business, Watters will sit down and explore these questions with you, helping you make the possible decision for your energy future. We work with major brands and manufacturers of quality solar panels including the popular Canadian Solar Panels and SunPower who are two of the only manufacturers to offer a 25 Year Product and Performance Warranty.