Murchison Transfer Station Off Grid Power Solution
Greater Shepparton City Council Off Grid Solar and Battery at Murchison Transfer Station
This was an urgent job, with Greater Shepparton City Council calling us to replace a failed off grid solar and battery system at Murchison Transfer Station.
Watters Electrical solar sales team suggested an Australian owned solution with our new RedEarth products – the “Honeybadger” off grid battery cabinet and 16.4 kwh of RedEarth “Troppo” batteries, which are proudly made in Brisbane for Australian conditions.
Greater Shepparton was pleased to support Australian made products and awarded the work to Watters Electrical for this Off Grid Power Solution.
Watters Electrical certified solar experts installed 4.8 kw solar panels and the RedEarth Honeybadger cabinet to provide the Murchison Transfer Station team with fully off grid renewable electricity.
The cabinet features a 5kw Victron inverter, a Victron MPPT, a digital screen and 16.4kwh Troppo batteries.
The system will be remotely monitored with an inbuilt 4G SIM and the high quality RedEarth app. This gives Greater Shepparton’s Assets staff the peace of mind that the system is performing efficiently, and gives Watters Electrical the ability to remotely diagnose any issues.
Watters Electrical and Red Earth have an off grid energy solution for your home or business – speak to our solar experts today!
Solar Hardware Installed
- 1x RedEarth Honeybadger Off Grid Cabinet with Victron Inverter (5kw peak – 10kw surge)
- 4 x 4.1kwh RedEarth Troppo Batteries
- 13x 370-Watt Canadian Solar HiKu Solar Panels
Extent of Works
- Complete OH&S paperwork and submit safe work method statements for the site works. Submit Solar Pre-Approval documents to Powercor.
- Supply & installation of approved solar panels, inverter and battery products.
- Carry out site survey and locate all anchor points for safety harness. Install all mounting rails and bracket framing for solar panels.
- Install cable tray and Photovoltaic panels at optimum angle.
- Install solar inverters and Grid Protection Relay with Battery Cabinet.
- Carry out connections within switchboards & control cabinets.
- Carry out final commissioning and shutdown procedure testing.
- Arrange for solar system to be inspected by ESV inspector.
- Complete paperwork and certificate of electrical safety.
- Complete As-Installed drawing and Operation and Maintenance Manuals.
- Submit all documents to Powercor for solar system connection to the grid.